Monday, May 19, 2008

What a weekend!

Well, I have no pictures this time around but wow it was a crazy weekend!! I worked on Friday and so that never makes for a very smooth transition into the weekend. Saturday morning I got up to pack for Amanda's bachelorette party weekend and found myself experiencing a bit of stomach discomfort that escalated and well, I ended up sending Mom on her way alone. I was so very sad. I wanted to be there for Amanda in the worst way!! I heard from all of them and it sounds like even though everything didn't go quite as planned, she had a really good time. So, as I hung back and napped and avoided food like the plague, Mike and his band DUVALL prepared to play for our neighborhood block party. They have been practicing in our "studio converted" third car garage for about 8 months now and finally had a chance to play a live/free show for our subdivision. I took Kali down in the stroller for about 20 minutes before we headed back to our bed. What I did hear was rockin!! I will put the link to YouTube on here so you can see how good they were. I'm so proud of Mike and the guys. He has such a passion for music and he really is having a good time. On Sunday I woke up a new person... thank goodness!! We got our garden started and planted some flowers in the barrels out front. Later I took Kimberly, Nathan, and Kali to the Olathe YMC for a birthday for a long time friend of Kimberly's, Miss Corey Belton. They had a really good time. When the weekend finally came to an end and we got home, we noticed that Mike had made our favorite dinner: BBQd steak/chops/chicken, baked potato, and salad! YUMMY!! What a good guy. I can't believe that all happened in one weekend. Well, next weekend will be even busier!! Till then... I'll work on some pictures of the fam!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iFmEzS5vSI
(Mike is the drummer!)

No comments: