Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Congratulations Aunt Manny and Uncle Chuck!!

Chuck and Amanda got married on Friday and wow what a beautiful wedding it was!! Amanda wore a beautiful dress and Chuck looked so nice with is white and black shoes!! The colors were green and pink and everything went very well!! Our day started off early at Amanda's with our hair, 9am to be exact. A friend of Amanda's, Emily, came over and did our make-up too! It was so fun. Kali wasn't quite in the napping mood with all of the women running around the house, so she played with cousins Nina and Nicole. They were the best!! Everyone else went out for lunch and I drove Miss Kali around so that she would nap. After about an hour she was good to go! We weren't really all that hungry so it was all good! We headed off the the church to get ready and take some pictures. When Amanda was ready it was time for her to see Chuck. It was so sweet... we were all crying!! Pictures went well... except for when Kali was told to smile and pose... again thanks to Nina and Nicole for playing with her. She did very well and then it was time for the wedding to start. I was the Maid of Honor and so Kali was to walk behind me with Nina... NOT GONNA HAPPEN! Turns out I had to carry Kali down the aisle... with her basket... and my flowers. I held her at the alter for about 10 minutes and then off to Daddy she went in the audience. The service was beautiful, Pastor Bob honored the memories of our Papa and Chuck's grandparents. It was very sweet and perfect in ever way! The rings went on without a hitch and FINALLY Mr. and Mrs. Schoening!! The reception was super fun!! It was held down town in an art gallery and had quite an urban feel to it. The decorations were so cool!!! The colors were pink and green and it was perfect! The food was good, the cake was awesome, and the music was perfect for the night. Of course on the list of important items was a speech! Yikes! I didn't prepare a speech. Kali broke the ice by screaming into the mic a couple of times. Everyone thought it was funny and so did she! And well my speech, was hard to give! I am a blubbering baby and seeing my baby sister married and happy really brought up some serious emotions. I cried and couldn't talk but did muster up the one liner: Who would have thought you were marry our dad??!! Those who heard it really did laugh. If I could do it again I would have mentioned that all that Amanda really wanted was to be Mrs. Schoening... and now... you did it! I really am so happy for them!! ... okay, sniff sniff, I'm crying just writing this. Next was the dollar dance and Amanda made $129 and chuck make $40 something. Hmmm... Manny won!! Before our night came to an end Kali shook her little tail feather on the dance floor. Everyone circled around her and she LOVED the attention. I wish that I had pictures to post but for now the words will have to do. My camera is on the fritz and so I'm hoping to obtain some pics later and post them for ya!

No comments: