Saturday, November 1, 2008

Pumpkin Patch Sweetie Pie!

I took Kali to Johnson's Farm last Tuesday. It's a pumpkin patch/petting zoo and lots of other stuff. Kimberly and Nathan seem to be getting too old for the pumpkin patch, so it was just Kali and me while Nathan was at school. She had so much fun!!!
She LOVED LOVED LOVED the chicken house!
She kept chasing the gray and white one pointing to him and saying "I want dat un!" So cute!! She eventually caught up to him and was able to touch his back. That got a big giggle out of her!
Inside of the barn was a bunch of little surprises. This was was a little donkey. Kali wanted to take him out and love on him. Go figure they said no! :-) We also saw a little pony, baby chicks, and a new litter of piglets! I was afraid to take pictures of the piglets because the huge mama pig was laying up next to the babies on the other side of the gate and I didn't want her to charge at me. She was soooo big!
Goats were her favorite... she loved it that they would get up on the fence and let her hug them. I was a big nervous when they were up in her face and so I wasn't able to take a picture of that... I was afraid of one nibbling on one of those cute little ears!!
She was a huge fan of the big pumpkins! And look at how cute she looks sitting on them!
I wish I could have filmed her running through the patch. She kept oohing and ahhing at so many different pumpkins. Even the ones that were smashed and eaten off of got her attention. The biggest crowd pleasers are by far the "baby punkins" for sure. She ended up picking out the cutest little round pie pumpkin. She caries it around the house all day long. I tried to put it out on the porch and she wasn't having it!!
To get up to the actual pumpkin patch we got to ride on a cart pulled by a tractor. On the way up Kali thought she was hot stuff and stood the whole time. I had to hold her hands and so there is no picture... but here she is riding back. She was too tired to stand! :0)
One quick plane ride before we head home for a nap!

No comments: