Sunday, February 17, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

We gave the kids their goody bags over breakfast. Kali loved her Dora Valentine book the best!! She kept saying "OOOOOHHHHH" and laughing out loud. She is so fun these days. For all of your new mommies, all of the new stuff is just as good if not better than what they are doing now!!
We took a chance and put a tiny bit of candy in Kali's bag. As you all know she has the Foley sweet tooth! All of the kids got books, candy, and then Kimberly and Nathan got a couple of other things. They keep running from me when I have the camera so now pictures for your viewing pleasure this time!! :-)

Here is my bright idea for a good Valentine's Day breakfast!! Pancakes with red food coloring shaped like hearts. I tried to make the bacon look like an arrow through the heart. I know, silly looking, but they sure were tastey and the kids loved the suprise. I almost missed Kimberly! She got up early and was reaching into the cereal cabinet when I came into the kitchen and stopped her. Man oh man was she glad that I stopped her!!

Kali and I went to Nathan's school to "help" with the Valentine's Day party. Needless to say they had more than enough volunteers and I spent my hour chasing Kali around the gym. Here we found Nathan in the bouncy house... silly boy!! When we weren't with Nathan we were bobbing and weaving through sugared-up 4th graders that ran around the gym like wild animals. Kali loved it, Nathan loved having us, and I was ready for a nap when it was all said and done! :-)

Kali thought that she wanted to play in/on the bouncy house but decided that behind the scenes was much more interesting. I have found that this age really is independent and loves nothing more than walking away from mommy!! She's a quick one and luckily there were no running 4th graders in this area to trample her!

I really wanted to show her shirt... "World's Cutest Valentine"... she seems to not find the camera as appealing as she once did. That just makes my job of photojournalist a bit more difficult!! I'm up for the challenge!

This is all we could get out of our little Valentine by the end of the day. Too much spreading of the love for her liking I suppose!!

No comments: