Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Ethan has arrived!!

What a day!! I celebrated my 29th birthday on March the 4th with a sick day and a wicked dose of bronchitis!! That night I found myself suffering through a 5 min coughing fit and when I got up to tend to Kali... I found that my water had broken!! After about 45 min of denial I realized that I needed to call the doctor and get Mike out of bed. We got to the hospital at 6:50 am and found that I wasn't dilated OR effaced. To say the least I was a little frantic worrying that I forced him out and that he wasn't going to be ready or wasn't going to have strong lungs... well by 8pm that night Ethan Jeffrey made his way into our world as perfect as can be! He weighed in at 7lbs and was 19 3/4 inches long. He was ready and now we are complete!!

First time holding Ethan... I got to cut the cord because Mike was too emotional to pull it together... He was so strong for me, such a great husband!!

Big man tipped the scales at 7lbs (rounding up from 6lb 5/8oz)
Uh oh... we already have one thumb sucker!! Somebody hurry up and grab a binky!

Proud big sister! Kimberly couldn't wait to hold him! She' been telling me for weeks that she plans on holding him every day all day... now it's not quite like that but she's pretty happy to have him home!!
Nate thinks he's a cool little dude!!
Soooo tired and soooo happy to have him in our arms!
Sweet little man!!

Sure I'll hold him... just don't get in the way of my cartoons!!


1 comment:

Shane Kammerdiener said...

Awesome to see everyone looking so happy and enjoying your new Foley ! Congrats...Best wishes to your family.